Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lime Cake with coconut frosting



It's been pretty warm here recently, and I'm wishfully in summer mode. I searched all day for a lime cake recipe but all I could find was ones from the box :( Finally I found some ideas of what I wanted to use and changed it up a bit with the coconut frosting. This cake was seriously delicious, but I've gotta say, I really wanted to make it bright green inside! After looking through seriously the five closest supermarkets and craft stores near me there was no liquid food coloring in the area! how weird is that? As it turns out, with all the fresh lime juice and zest, the cake naturally has a really light lime color that I actually liked a lot more. Anyways, I just messed around with some stuff but I want to make this cake into cupcakes next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment